On this page:
- Where can I find dates and deadlines?
- What is the connect.ucmerced.edu platforml?
- Where do I find my student checklist?
- What is my UC Merced email address?
- Does UC Merced provide accommodations for
students with disabilities?
- What is the Entry Level Writing Requirement?
- How can I get a job at UC Merced?
- Where can I get textbooks?
- What transportation and parking options are there?
- Where can I find the UC Merced student code of conduct?
- How do I cancel my SIR?
- A-Z List of Services
- Dates & Deadlines for Admitted Students
- Spring 2021 First Year Student Admissions Checklist
- Spring 2021 Transfer Student Admissions Checklist
The connect.ucmerced.edu student platform is where you can find updated, secure, 24-hour access to comprehensive information about Financial Aid, Admissions, registration, records and more.
Student services found in your portal:
- MyFinancialAid will link you to your individual student awards as well as student requirements.
- MyAdmissions will link you to any outstanding Conditions of Admission you need to fulfill.
- MyBill will link you to your student account, where you can manage payments and much more.
- Student Checklist is your personalized checklist of requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- UC Merced Email can be accessed from your portal.
Your student checklist can be found in the connect.ucmerced.edu. As a new student, there are a number of steps you need to complete before you get to campus. Your personalized checklist will guide you through this process.
Note: Each student will have different Financial Aid, Admissions, registration and residency requirements that will need to be fulfilled.
Screenshot of student checklist in the portal:
You were provided with a UC Merced email address when you submitted your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). It is important to check your UC Merced email, because that is where we send important information. Visit the connect.ucmerced.edu student platform and click on the tab “WebMail” at the top of the page after you log in.
You can opt to forward University email communications to a different account. In those instances, it is your responsibility to ensure that all information sent to your official University-assigned email account, including attachments, is properly forwarded to that other email account.
Student Email Account Responsibilities:
Pursuant to campus policy, all UC Merced students are responsible for taking the following actions:
- Activating their university-assigned email account, preferably upon expressing their intent to register or as soon thereafter as possible
- Accessing all information sent to their university-assigned email account
- Managing their university-assigned computing and email accounts
In order to ensure equal access to all of UC Merced’s academic programs and activities, students with disabilities are encouraged to contact Student Accessibility Services at 209-228-6996 as soon possible to initiate the accommodation process. Visit access.ucmerced.edu for more
The UC Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR) is a mandatory requirement at every University of California campus.
You can satisfy ELWR with a qualifying score on the Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE) offered to all fall first year admits at any UC campus on May 22, 2021. You can also satisfy ELWR in other ways before you enter UC Merced; see more information at this link.
You must complete ELWR by the end of your second semester at UC Merced.
If you take the exam, the AWPE item on your student checklist will show as “Passed” or “Not Passed” when we receive your score. If you pass the examination, the ELWR will be marked “Satisfied.” If your ELWR is “Unsatisfied,” you can visit the General Education section of the UC Merced General Catalog for options to satisfy the requirement.
To learn more about the ELWR requirement, visit www.ucop.edu/elwr.
Working on campus while at UC Merced can be the first step in building professional skills, discovering a new passion and making lasting friendships. Your search will begin at hire.ucmerced.edu. At the bottom of the page, select CATPAWS for on-campus jobs, or CATLink for off-campus jobs and internships. You can email email@example.com to ask questions or
schedule an appointment with a career specialist.
UC Merced students have many options for getting their textbooks.
Reserve your textbooks online:
Visit bookstore.ucmerced.edu, find “Course Books” and click on “Textbooks.” Here, you will find instructions on how to reserve your textbooks. Log in to the my.ucmerced.edu student portal and select MyRegistration, then select “View Books” to load all your courses on the Campus Store website so you can begin reserving your books.
Rent your textbooks:
The Campus Store offers a textbook rental program at a fraction of the purchase price. Visit the Campus Store website or call 209-228-2665 for more information.
Purchase electronics at educational discounts:
The Campus Store is an authorized Apple reseller and sells laptops, iPads and Apple accessories. You also can by discounted technology from Dell and Microsoft, and trade in your devices
for credit at the store.
Incoming first year residents and commuter freshmen are not eligible to park on campus unless special conditions apply. Visit the Transportation and Parking Services website at taps.ucmerced.edu/permits/students for more information.
The campus shuttle service, CatTracks, provides transportation to local businesses and many student housing communities. Visit cattracks.ucmerced.edu for schedules and route
Students can also sign up for the ZipCar program, which provides hourly rental vehicles right from campus, and the carpooling service Zimride. View more information about alternative transportation options.
All UC Merced students must adhere to the UC Merced student code of conduct, found at http://ucm.edu/v/conduct.
To cancel your SIR follow the instructions below:
- Click on My Admissions
- On the Admission Application Summary page, there will be a button called “Cancel SIR”. Click on the button
- When the Cancel button is clicked, a popup will display with information of what canceling the SIR will do to the application. You will need your UC Application #( a 7 digit number you received when you submitted the application) to complete this process.
Once you have entered the UC Application ID into the required box and hit the confirm button, the SIR will be canceled. The screen will refresh and a new page displaying the change will show up. A confirmation email will also be sent out letting you know the SIR has been canceled and include contact information for the Housing and Orientation.
Academic Advising: School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts Advising
Classroom & Office Building (COB), Rm. 204
Make an appointment
Calvin E. Bright Success Center
Kolligian Library, 2nd Floor
H. Rajender Reddy Health Center
Students First Center
Students First Center: Kolligian Library, Rm. 122