On this page:
- Where can I find dates and deadlines?
- What is the my.ucmerced.edu student portal?
- Where do I find my student checklist?
- What is my UC Merced email address?
- Does UC Merced provide accommodations for students with disabilities?
- What is the Entry Level Writing Requirement?
- How can I get a job at UC Merced?
- Where can I get textbooks?
- What transportation and parking options are there?
- Where can I find the UC Merced student code of conduct?
- A-Z List of Services
- Important deadlines for first year students
- Important dates and deadlines for transfer students
- Other campus dates and deadlines
The my.ucmerced.edu student portal is where you can find updated, secure, 24-hour access to comprehensive information about Financial Aid, Admissions, registration, records and more.
Student services found in your portal:
- MyFinancialAid will link you to your individual student awards as well as student requirements.
- MyAdmissions will link you to any outstanding Conditions of Admission you need to fulfill.
- MyBill will link you to your student account, where you can manage payments and much more.
- Student Checklist is your personalized checklist of requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- UC Merced Email can be accessed from your portal.
Your student checklist can be found in the my.ucmerced.edu student portal. As a new student, there are a number of steps you need to complete before you get to campus. Your personalized checklist will guide you through this process.
Note: Each student will have different Financial Aid, Admissions, registration and residency requirements that will need to be fulfilled.
Video: How to use your checklist
Screenshot of student checklist in the portal:
You were provided with a UC Merced email address when you submitted your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). It is important to check your UC Merced email, because that is where we send important information. Visit the my.ucmerced.edu student portal and click on the tab “WebMail” at the top of the page after you log in.
You can opt to forward University email communications to a different account. In those instances, it is your responsibility to ensure that all information sent to your official University-assigned email account, including attachments, is properly forwarded to that other email account.
Student Email Account Responsibilities:
Pursuant to campus policy, all UC Merced students are responsible for taking the following actions:
- Activating their university-assigned email account, preferably upon expressing their intent to register or as soon thereafter as possible
- Accessing all information sent to their university-assigned email account
- Managing their university-assigned computing and email accounts
In order to ensure equal access to all of UC Merced’s academic programs and activities, students with disabilities are encouraged to contact Student Accessibility Services at 209-228-6996 as soon possible to initiate the accommodation process. Visit access.ucmerced.edu for more
The Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR) is a graduation requirement for the University of California. You can satisfy it with a qualifying score on the Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE) offered to all first year students on the second Saturday of May at regional testing centers. In early April, you will receive a letter directing you to the test center at which you must take the test.
If you take the exam, the AWPE item on your student checklist will show as “Passed” or “Not Passed” when we receive your score. If you pass the examination, the ELWR will be marked “Satisfied.” If your ELWR is “Unsatisfied,” you can visit the General Education section of the UC Merced General Catalog for options to satisfy the requirement.
To learn more about the ELWR requirement, visit www.ucop.edu/elwr.
Working on campus while at UC Merced can be the first step in building professional skills, discovering a new passion and making lasting friendships. Your search will begin at hire.ucmerced.edu. At the bottom of the page, select CATPAWS for on-campus jobs, or CATLink for off-campus jobs and internships. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or
schedule an appointment with a career specialist.
UC Merced students have many options for getting their textbooks.
Reserve your textbooks online:
Visit bookstore.ucmerced.edu, find “Course Books” and click on “Textbooks.” Here, you will find instructions on how to reserve your textbooks. Log in to the my.ucmerced.edu student portal and select MyRegistration, then select “View Books” to load all your courses on the Campus Store website so you can begin reserving your books.
Rent your textbooks:
The Campus Store offers a textbook rental program at a fraction of the purchase price. Visit the Campus Store website or call 209-228-2665 for more information.
Purchase electronics at educational discounts:
The Campus Store is an authorized Apple reseller and sells laptops, iPads and Apple accessories. You also can by discounted technology from Dell and Microsoft, and trade in your devices
for credit at the store.
Incoming first year students who live on campus are not eligible to park on campus unless special conditions apply. Transfer students who live in off-campus student housing may be able to purchase a permit to park on campus. Visit the Transportation and Parking Services website at taps.ucmerced.edu for information.
The campus shuttle service, CatTracks, provides transportation to local businesses and many student housing communities. Visit cattracks.ucmerced.edu for schedules and route
Students can also sign up for the ZipCar program, which provides hourly rental vehicles right from campus, and the carpooling service Zimride. View more information about alternative transportation options.
All UC Merced students must adhere to the UC Merced student code of conduct, found at http://ucm.edu/v/conduct.
Academic Advising: School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts Advising
Classroom & Office Building (COB), Rm. 204
Make an appointment
Calvin E. Bright Success Center
Kolligian Library, 2nd Floor
H. Rajender Reddy Health Center
Students First Center
Students First Center: Kolligian Library, Rm. 122