On this page:
- Where can I find dates and deadlines?
- What is the connect.ucmerced.edu platform?
- Where do I find my student checklist?
- What is my UC Merced email address?
- Does UC Merced provide accommodations for
students with disabilities?
- What is the Entry Level Writing Requirement?
- How can I get a job at UC Merced?
- Where can I get textbooks?
- What transportation and parking options are there?
- Where can I find the UC Merced student code of conduct?
- How do I cancel my SIR?
- Where can I view my residency determination?
- A-Z List of Services
- Dates & Deadlines for Admitted Students
- Fall 2024 First Year & Transfer Student Admissions Checklist
The connect.ucmerced.edu student platform is where you can find updated, secure, 24-hour access to comprehensive information about Financial Aid, Admissions, registration, records and more.
Student services found in your portal:
- My Financial Aid will link you to your individual student awards as well as student requirements.
- My Admissions will link you to any outstanding Conditions of Admission you need to fulfill.
- My Bill will link you to your student account, where you can manage payments and much more.
- Student Checklist is your personalized checklist of requirements that need to be fulfilled.
- UC Merced Email can be accessed from your portal.
Your student checklist can be found in the connect.ucmerced.edu. As a new student, there are a number of steps you need to complete before you get to campus. Your personalized checklist will guide you through this process.
Note: Each student will have different Financial Aid, Admissions, registration, and residency requirements that will need to be fulfilled.
Learn how to navigate the checklist with this helpful video and other screenshots with detailed explanations from our Students First Center.
You were provided with a UC Merced email address when you submitted your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). It is important to check your UC Merced email, because that is where we send important information. Visit the connect.ucmerced.edu student platform and click on the tab “WebMail” at the top of the page after you log in.
You can opt to forward University email communications to a different account. In those instances, it is your responsibility to ensure that all information sent to your official University-assigned email account, including attachments, is properly forwarded to that other email account.
Student Email Account Responsibilities:
Pursuant to campus policy, all UC Merced students are responsible for taking the following actions:
- Activating their university-assigned email account, preferably upon expressing their intent to register or as soon thereafter as possible
- Accessing all information sent to their university-assigned email account
- Managing their university-assigned computing and email accounts
In order to ensure equal access to all of UC Merced’s academic programs and activities, students with disabilities are encouraged to contact Student Accessibility Services at 209-228-6996 as soon possible to initiate the accommodation process. Visit access.ucmerced.edu for more
You can satisfy ELWR in a number of ways, including completion of the Writing Readiness Review or enrollment in WRI 001 at UC Merced. You can also satisfy ELWR in other ways before you enter UC Merced; see more information at this link.
To learn more about the ELWR requirement, visit www.ucop.edu/elwr.
Working on campus while at UC Merced can be the first step in building professional skills, discovering a new passion and making lasting friendships. Your search will begin at hire.ucmerced.edu. At the bottom of the page, select CATPAWS for on-campus jobs, or CATLink for off-campus jobs and internships. You can email email@example.com to ask questions or
schedule an appointment with a career specialist.
UC Merced students have many options for getting their textbooks.
Purchase your books online!
Visit bookstore.ucmerced.edu, simply enter your Student ID and start shopping online OR shop by course if you do not have your ID on hand. You will receive an email to your UC Merced email account on when your textbooks are ready for pickup anytime during business hours.
Rent your textbooks:
Purchase electronics at educational discounts:
The Campus Store is an authorized Apple reseller and sells laptops, iPads and Apple accessories at academically discounted pricing. You also can buy technology from Dell and Microsoft.
Incoming first year residents and commuter freshmen are not eligible to park on campus unless special conditions apply. Visit the Transportation and Parking Services website at taps.ucmerced.edu/permits/students for more information.
The campus shuttle service, CatTracks, provides transportation to local businesses and many student housing communities. Visit Cat Tracks for schedules and route information.
Students can also sign up for the ZipCar program, which provides hourly rental vehicles right from campus, and the carpooling service Zimride. View more information about alternative transportation options.
All UC Merced students must adhere to the UC Merced student code of conduct, found at http://ucm.edu/v/conduct.
To cancel your SIR follow the instructions below:
- Click on My Admissions
- On the Admission Application Summary page, there will be a button called “Cancel SIR”. Click on the button
- When the Cancel button is clicked, a popup will display with information of what canceling the SIR will do to the application. You will need your UC Application #( a 7 digit number you received when you submitted the application) to complete this process.
Once you have entered the UC Application ID into the required box and hit the confirm button, the SIR will be canceled. The screen will refresh and a new page displaying the change will show up. A confirmation email will also be sent out letting you know the SIR has been canceled and include contact information for the Housing and Orientation.
UC Merced students can view their residency determination when they receive their Financial Aid awards in March.
Academic Advising: School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts Advising
Classroom & Office Building (COB), Rm. 204
Make an appointment
Calvin E. Bright Success Center
Kolligian Library, 2nd Floor, KL 222
H. Rajender Reddy Health Center
Students First Center